Who is Eligible for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Paratransit Services?
The intent of ADA is to ensure that persons with specific disabilities have equal access to public transportation.Examples of individuals who can use the LiftlParatransit service under ADA are:
- Certified individuals who cannot use the CTS bus service because of their inability to get around on their own;
- A personal assistant accompanying an ADA-eligible individual. Such an assistant is considered a Mobility Aide;
- One traveling companion accompanying the eligible rider. Additional traveling companions are permitted only if space is available without displacing a disabled rider. Companions pay the same fare and must have the same pick-up point and destination point as the eligible rider.
Eligible riders from anywhere in the United States may ride the service when they are visiting in the CTS area.
What is Paratransit Service and How Much Does it Cost?
ADA paratransit service is comparable to the level of fixed-route bus service provided by CTS. This service is provided wherever the regular bus service operates and during the same days and hours. In addition, this service meets the following requirements for those who are eligible:
- A person can call the day before a ride is needed to request a trip.
- Trips can be requested up to 14 days in advance.
- Fares can be no more than twice the CTS fixed-route base fare for the same trip. Currently, this is $2.50 per trip.
- Lift Ticket Booklet (10 tickets per booklet=10 rides): $25.00
- Job Access: $6.00 per trip
*Trips can be requested for any purpose.
For information regarding The Lift/Paratransit Service, call CTS at 931.553.2470 or the TDD number 931.645.0160
What is the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)?
ADA is a Federal law that guarantees specially certified disabled Americans full and equal access to the same services and accommodations that are available to people without disabilities.
What is CTS Required to do Under the ADA?
If you have a disability which prevents you from using regular CTS bus service, you may be eligible for the ADA Lift/Paratransit Services. The Lift features specially equipped vans that take you to and from any location within the Clarksville city limits.